One of the objectives of microWELT is the provision of a modular microsimulation modelling platform available for applications beyond the WELTRANSIM project. As of today, two streams of applications are being built on the microWELT platform.
- The first adapts and supplements microWELT to the specific requirements of Austrian economic research. The result is a detailed multi-purpose dynamic microsimulation model for Austria under the name microDEMS (demographic change, employment and social security). The model includes a detailed depiction of the Austrian education system and models additional individual characteristics like health status, employment, migration background, the region of birth, and immigration type.
- The second is a further development and refinement of the international microWELT platform for comparative applications. Current projects focus on health, labour force participation, and employment. With these projects, the geographical scope of microWELT so far was extended to three additional EU countries (Germany, Italy, France) and the US.
- microDEMS – A Dynamic Microsimulation Model for Austria. Illustration Using the Example of the Development of Labour Force Participation Until 2040
- The Dynamic Microsimulation Model microDEMS to Analyse the Economic Integration of Immigrants in Austria
- Microsimulation Projection of the Educational Integration and Labour Force Participation of First- and Second-Generation Immigrants
- Return and Onward Migration and Labour Market Entry: Empirical Analysis and Microsimulation Projection for Austria
- Social Differences, Life Expectancy And Health Expenditures Over The Life Course
- Older people on the labor market: a forecast up to 2040 as a basis for economic policy measures
- Education and Health as Determinants of Labour Force Participation and the Consequences of Ageing
- Projections of Age-Specific US Labor Force Participation Based on a Dynamic Microsimulation Model Accounting for Education and Health